Monday, December 18, 2017

Book Review: When God Made You by Matthew Paul Turner/Illustrated by David Catrow




I love When God Made You by Matthew Paul Turner and illustrated by David Catrow. The book is absolutely gorgeous. I'm going to admit by the fourth page I was tearing up and by the end, I was steadily crying. Yes, it is a children's book but it's so well written and so well illustrated that I would recommend this to anyone who needs a reminder that we are made of God's love.

The story features a small girl who showcases her true creative self to everyone she meets but it's not written in the third person. It's written as a love letter to YOU. By the last page, you will fall in love with Matthew and David's work.



 When God Made You is written in rhyme and pushes the reader to explore their own unique talents. It reminds me so much of Dr. Seuss with its super inspiring message and the fantastical artwork. The colors are super vivid and fun to look at. Children will not want to put the book down as it really is a beautiful book. I will be gifting this to Tristan for Christmas so I haven't read it to any of the children yet. I want this to be the book we start the New Year with. I want them to know their worth and to understand God's dedication and love for them.

I was touched by the words. You know that feeling you get when you pick up a beautiful book and the words fill you and you get goosebumps and you feel your gut clench? That's what I felt when I read this book. I felt God.


Book: When God Made You
Author: Matthew Paul Turner
Illustrator: David Catrow
Print Type: Hard Cover Book 
Page Count:  48
Book Type: Children's/Christianity/Religion 

Do you want to buy this book? It's available on Amazon!  It has a price of $9.59 for hardcover or $9.99 for the Kindle version.




I received this book through Blogging for Books for my honest review

No comments: