Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Product Review: I Just Can't Help Falling in Love with Carol's Daughter Body Wash




About a month ago, HSN ran a promotion for new customers. You received $10 off any order and a lot of items had free shipping. So I went on the hunt for something to buy and I found it in a company called Carol's Daughter. I had never heard of them before but HSN had a rather large collection of their items and some were only $9.95.

I chose a bottle of body wash. A girl can never have too many body washes, correct? I typically don't like expensive body washes because I don't get a good lather with them or the smell is weird. I do NOT have that problem with Karité Coco Creamy Body wash that I purchased from HSN. It's amazing. I swear I've never had a body wash exactly like this. It's Paraben free, with no artificial colors,  Petrolatum free and Sulfate free! You can't find such a quality ingredient for this price anywhere else.

It goes on the skin smoothly, washes off cleanly and doesn't leave any residue. I love that scent stays with me for HOURS and that a little bit does go a long way. A 10 oz bottle will easily last me more than a month. You will see that if you read the reviews on their website that people have problems getting a lather, that was not the case with me, but I found once I have poured a little into my loofah is I splash water on it, it lather's super easy. So I believe the reviewers are trying to lather on a dry loofah. The lather I get is full bodied and pretty amazing, I have had no problems with skin irritations because it is clean of all the crud that builds up in your pores.

You may be asking yourself, well....what is Karité? I was too as I had never heard of this particular ingredient. I'm not a huge beauty maven, but I enjoy beauty products so I did a little research into this. Basically, Karité comes from the Vitellaria Tree. It's basically just Shea Butter! From what I gather Karité is the French word for Shea.

I did go to Carol's Daughter website to check out their other products, and it does appear that their focus is on Ethnic skin, and I can definitely see this as being a major product for women of color. I have friends that are constantly concerned about their skin and how dry it is, with this product I've noticed a remarkable difference in my own dry places. So I would definitely recommend this to any woman who is concerned with their skin's moisture level or have patches of dry, itchy skin. It really is quite amazing!

I really want to try that Cactus Rosewater!

What is your favorite surprise beauty product? This is definitely number one on MY list! 

No comments: