Sunday, January 8, 2023

LIFE AFTER STROKE

 In September 2020 while everyone was in lockdown, i had a stroke. I survived but now I'm disabled due to losing the use of my left hand and arm, my disability benefits are 1,130 monthly and medicare(doesn't start until March 2023. I do not qualify for snap benefits,


out of my monthly check I pay 1/3 of the bills living with my sister and her family. I buy my own food and toiletries, and cleaning supplies. I have a small room, I have a tv, laptop, small bookshelf and a broken lift chair that I sleep in. I need a new one pretty badly,


for groceries for the month of January 

1.) I ORDERED 2 .74 MINI CHOCOLATE PIES, THEY SUBSTITUTED FOR 2 little chocolate cakes 

2.) I ORDERED A 6CT OF GREAT VALUE WHITE EGGS Priced at $2.98 which was substituted with a 12 count.

3.) I ordered a head of broccoli, but they substituted a 12 oz bag of broccoli florets $2.78.

4.) 5lb bag of russet potatoes $3.24

5.)1 package of chicken breast tenderloin $8.39

6.)1 loaf of Great Value white sandwich bread $1.32

7.) 1 10 oz package of frozen chopped onions $1.14

8.)1 can of Great Value jumbo biscuits. .96

9.) Mainstays plastic square food storage containers .98

10.) Great Value all purpose cleaning spray .98

11.) Great Value honey mustard dipping dressing $1.97

12.) great Value ketchup $1.18

13.)1 12 oz package of Bar-S franks $1.12

14.) Buddig original ham 2oz .80

15.) BUddig beef 2oz .80

16, Great Value finely shredded parmesan cheese 6 oz $2.22

17.) Great Valu canned sweet corn .54.

18.) Great Value paprika 2.5 oz $1.00

19. Great Value Mountain Lightning soda 24 pack $6.24

20.) Great Value dishwasher pods $4.38

21.) Great Value wide egg noodles $1.43

22.) Great Value garlic parmesan wing mix 1oz $1.12

23.) Snapps mozzarella cheese sticks 5 oz $1.24

24.) Armour Lunch makers ham and cheese with crunch bar I got 2 at $1.14 each.

25.) Great Value blueberry low-fat yogurt 6oz 4 count $1.96

26,)Eqaute extra strength acetaminophen caplets 40 count .98


I TRY TO BUY SPICES AND things I can keep on hand. I have minced garlic, onion powder, cinnamon sugar and salt I've bought in previous months. I also have soy sauce and sugar.  I have a food AMAZON wish list I post in wish list groups from time to time and this month I Received a box of cookie crisp. 4 Lara bars. 3 cans of blue diamond flavored almonds, 3 boxes of instant oatmeal, some Chrystal light and 7 bottles of wishbone salad dressing I also do surveys for amazon gift cards, I have $3 on my account now, I'm saving to buy some stuff for my room. I did redeem $5 for a 6-count pack of jumbo roll Angel Soft toilet paper. my skin care routine is samples I've received in the mail. I buy things like laundry detergent and deodorant when I have a little extra money. I try to always have multiples.

next month I Want to get stuff to make a meatloaf and a muffin pan, I tend to eat a lot of tuna.


so far this month I made air fried CHICKEN TENERSUSING 6 OF MY CHICKEN TENDERS, PANKO, 2 EGGS, PAPEIKA AND ONION SEASONING. AIR FRIED POTATOES USING 1 POTATO AND HALF MY PACKET OF WING MIX, I MADE GRILLED MAZZARELLA CHICKEN using 3 of my chicken tenders, minced garlic, frozen onion and a can of pasta sauce I've had for months and about a cup of my shredded Mazzarella, and air fried broccoli using a third of my bag of broccoli and a package of ranch dressing mix I got last month.


today (Sunday) I'm going to make a tuna macaroni dish which I will use a box of macaroni and cheese (ill save the cheese packet, mayonnaise, 2 pouches of tuna and some minced garlic


i sometimes get Netflix or kindle unlimited both are around $10 monthly, so I don't keep them often, I watch YouTube and Tubi mostly I take advantage of free kindle books. I use Spotify for music my most wanted items are a new lift chair, a laundry basket with wheels and a muffin tin.

I sign up for all freebies and enter tons of contests.


here is my food and essentials Wishlist.

here is my room Wishlist.

 

the survey sites i use

crowdtap I get about $5 a week on an Amazon gift card.

swagbucks this one takes me about a month for a $3 Amazon gift card.

i find my freebies and contests at freebie shark

when my Medicare starts in March, I'll get a $50 quarterly allowance for the Humana over the counter pharmacy so that will help with over-the-counter meds and vitamins,

for Christmas I got a desk from my sister and 2 nightgowns from a friend. the most recent freebies i got are perfume samples Advil samples and a box of random samples from Kroger. my total grocery bill was $65.84 which included the delivery fee and a $4 tip. my casgapp is $caseydewdrop

No comments: