Monday, June 27, 2011

Tea Party Pictures! Saturday June 25, 2011

Just some pictures from the party!

My Table! The cupcake stand is actually something I made, I glued 2 dinner plates and a bread plate to two vases. The vases are a matching pair and I flipped one so it looks like it starts out heavy tapers goes through the plate and then goes back to heavy at the end, super cute.

I know you cant really see them, but all the chairs are vintage chairs I've saved from the trash and re-done. Most everything you see here except the cups and the candles came from the Goodwill or Value Village (another second-hand store).

The large flower box in the back housed all my teas, Black Tea, Celestial Seasonings Fruit sampler and a Herbal Sampler, Green Tea, and regular black tea.  Each place setting also had some 3 candles tied with a little thank you note. Everything was done pretty cheaply, the biggest expense was the tea cups. I got them off eBay but fell in LOVE with them!
<---And my tea cups, I am deeply in love with them, Johnson Brothers Staffordshire in the "Bouquet" print. Definitely dainty, and super pretty. It's my absolutely favorite set and there is a whole China set that matches it, from the tea cups and saucers you see here to dinner plates. I plan to buy it all one piece at a time if I have to. The inside of the cups sport an adorable blue flower, so cute.

If you read my posts often you've seen the bunting I made previously,you can see the tutorial here. I used it to hang behind me where I sat, so of course it made it in! Now, you can also see the cupcake stand a little better here.
 <--Me, in my little dress, it was a gift from a very special friend, so of course, thank you, excuse my walls, they are a work in progress, two layers of wallpaper..sigh.





Ah, my FAVORITE part. The food. When am I not around food? lol, here you see the White Chocolate Chip cupcakes with  fudge icing, a lovely chocolate cake my sister bought for me at Wal-Mart. You see the Chicken Salad Sandwiches my sister made (her own Chicken Salad recipe!) Egg Salad sandwiches my sister made, the scones I made, what you don't see pictured is the Lemon Curd I made (super easy and it's very tasty) and the Raspberry Preserves we bought.



My favorite tea of the day, Caramel Truffle, I added Milk and three Sugars to mine and it was divine!
 Scone with Lemon Curd, super easy recipe and it makes a lot! Sadly I don't have any canning supplies or I'd can it and keep it on hand. It tastes like a Lemon Meringue pie without the Meringue!

My beautiful sister, Reagan, who humors me in all things. Isn't she cute? ------>

<----Me again, this time holding my tea cup, oops, forgot to stick my pinky out!

So there you have it folks! My tea party! I enjoyed this, and may host another one. The food was to die for, the tea was delicious and the decor was fun to plan.

No comments: