Monday, September 26, 2011

Casey's Favorite Things


I am diligently working on some new items to show you guys but I don't have anything ready yet. I will also be taking a lot of new photos to replace some of my old ones as I've noticed how bad they are.

Here is what I have in the works:

1.) My bookshelf re-do is coming along nicely though the rain has kept me from painting it. It has rained for four days. lol. I do have the backdrop papered though so the rose wrapping paper work, however, I had to work that wrapping paper to death as as soon as it hit the glue it started to bubble. Spray adhesive would have been much more usable but the local Walmart didn't have any.

2.) My Stag head tutorial I pulled off a great blog. I am free handing the drawing because I wanted it bigger. so write now I have half the pieces cut out and papered with some fabulous rose wrapping paper I found, this time I'm using some stencil adhesive I have on hand. It's working well and so far the Stag Head looks like a Deer. lol.

3.) I'm making a second paperback book wreath, but this time in Twilight themed, I bought a Twilight New Moon book at the Goodwill and so far I just need to add a few more crepe paper roses (in black and red) of course.

4.) I have an awesome Christmas turned Halloween candelabra I will be showing you in the next few days as well.

5.) And of course Thrift Store finds for the weekend. Always fun to see what a girl can buy for $10.

So to tide you guys over I wanted to show you some of MY favorite things on the net that give me inspiration.

1.) An awesome wooden hanger re-do from Project Wedding. Now I'm not married nor am I getting married but I love this idea with scroll work or even my initials. I'm completely redoing my room so you guys are my guinea pigs and will be seeing a lot of what I do.

I can totally see this in pastel pink and white.


2.) These canisters from Tinkered Treasures etsy shop, they are so CUTE and very vintagy. They are sold on her etsy however I don't think it would be too hard to DIY these. I've seen similar stickers on eBay and Collections Inc.

Add a little paint in the color of your choice, possibly a glaze to keep it from cracking or chipping and it would be fabulous.

3.)  Now one of my FAVORITE websites of all time has to be Hostess with the Mostess. She creates some of the most FANTASTIC parties you have ever seen and I love browsing the real parties pages to see actual parties that regular people have planned. It's very fun and gives you TONS of ideas for your own parties.

4.) Anything from Cake Stand Heaven is GORGEOUS. Just go there and check it out. Trust me you'll leave drooling.

So there you have it, some of MY favorite things. Granted I'm no Oprah, but hey, we need to share what we find to make the world a happier place, One etsy account at a time. lol.

Keep on the lookout for more tutorials and more transformations soon.

No comments: