Monday, September 5, 2011

Princess Ribbon Chair - Children's Chair Re-Purposed



I have started the beginning process of planning a Princess party for my cousin's 4th birthday party. I always look for something I can DIY, and I don't have children myself, so when Maddie's 4th birthday came up I signed up.

I know I wanted to create a castle out of cardboard, I had decided to buy a party packet and chose this Princess Party Pack. And now we've moved on to figure out furniture and other misc. So the other night we passed a house that had some children's furniture thrown on the side of the curb.  Yeah, I'm a picker. lol. So we got a little red folding metal chair, with a padded bottom that was completely ripped apart and the back was missing, I'm assuming if it had been intact it also would have been padded. There was a blue table that I'm assuming went with the chair, the table itself had a broken leg snappy thing? lol, not sure how to describe that. It also has a dry erase top. Easy fix. And we got another little chair outside plastic chair in hunter green (I HATE the color hunter green). All of these things are small and kid sized.

I immediately began work on the red folding chair, considering the seat was all ripped up (Sorry, I didn't get a before photo I was so excited over it I completely forgot) I decided to recover it, upon looking at the bottom I could tell it screwed on, which was great news for me!

I took it apart, and spray painted the metal base a hot pink color, which is my princess color (of COURSE!) And I re-upholstered the seat in white pleather. Because the back was missing and I wanted it to be more festive and girly (just cause pink isn't enough! lol) I took a lot of different kinds of ribbon and tied them on the top of the bar to hang down.

Different sizes, colors, textures...to create a streamer effect. Very interesting to look at! I'll work on better photos (I know my photos always suck!) but here is the finished product as it stands!

The table is still undergoing painting, the dark blue is hard to cover with pink. :)


                       
Craft-o-Maniac Linky Party






No comments: