Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Fabric Travel Doll House

I'm a Pinterest FREAK! I love it, all the different ideas and recipes. I've seen several different pins for fabric traveling doll houses, however most of them point towards Etsy, and while they are beautiful dollhouses I do not have $75-$100 to purchase one for my step-niece. So I'm going to make one!

I will post links to the ones you can purchase below in case you aren't the do-it-yourselfer that I am.

So I have a whole box of these bunny chair covers I picked up about two years ago at the Dollar Tree, they were for Easter. I am using two of them. I cut along one of the side and the top and I've glued them together. I will take the sewing machine and run some thread around the edges to make sure it's secure. I'm trying to figure out how to cover the bunny. lol.

I want four distinguished locations. Bedroom, Living Room, Bathroom and Kitchen. I've cut out lots of little things with fabric and felt. I have made one felt doll and have plans to make a second. So far it looks pretty juvenile but I hope it all turns out.

Here are some of the things I'm using for inspiration.

Here is a BEAUTIFUL vintage Traveling Dollhouse from Country Kitty.

A sweet little dollhouse from Love, Charla Anne.

And an adorable little dollhouse made like a quiet book from Tom Toy. I want to make a quiet book so much for my nephew so after the dollhouse that will be my next project.

No comments: