Sunday, May 14, 2017

Book Review: Wyoming Wedding by Kirsten Osbourne



Let me start off by saying, I love mail-order bride books. I also happen to love Kirsten Osbourne. She's an awesome writer and even though some of her books read a bit stilted, the storyline always captures me. Wyoming Wedding was no different, but there is a spin on this "Mail Order Bride book".

The Culpepper cowboys is a modern take on the Mail Order Brides. I adore all of the Beckett bride series and there is even a nod to those books, which I caught on to very quickly. The four Culpepper brothers find out that their grandfather left a stipulation in the will that states all four brothers must marry within six months and have at least one baby on the way by the end of the year. Enter the Matchmaker. Dr. Lachele Simpson. She has just the right women in mind and after vigorous testing, she brings out the Quadruplet Quinlan sisters who are looking to escape a very dull life with their parents who have some very puritanical ideas on the way women should behave and act.

Wyoming Wedding pairs up the two oldest of the siblings, Karlan and Hope. I liked Hope as a heroine, she's very strong-willed and is a hard worker so she's pretty much the leader of the sisters, and Karlan is the somewhat leader of the brothers, but I honestly think that that title should go to one of his brothers. You'll see it if you read this story.

The sisters each have a crafty bent, which just sends my heart aflutter, I love it when women can come together and create something. They find out that even though all the brothers will marry to fulfill the will, the ranch is still in jeopardy because of the dreaded evil cousin who likes video games and such. The women come together with their new mother in law to stop the insanity and even though the men think their crafting is cute, I think in the later books they are going to be in for a big shock.

So of course, in this book, there are trials and tribulations. I adored the characters and each sister is pure joy. We didn't really learn a whole lot about each of the brothers in the first book, it mainly focused on the women, so some of the brother's characters seem flat at the moment. I'm hoping that get's rectified in later books.

If you are looking for a quick, sweet read with a tad bit of naughtiness, then I do suggest Wyoming Wedding. Kirsten does an amazing job of weaving together stories. I picked up this book for FREE during one of her promotions, and by the looks of Wyoming Wedding is still FREE on Amazon.

Kirsten was one of the authors I was looking forward to meeting the most at RT17, I'm pretty bummed I was able to go, but I'm hoping I can meet her next year!


Book: Wyoming Wedding
Author: Kirsten Osbourne (website)
Print Type: eBook (Amazon, Kindle)
Page Count: 146
Romance Type: Small Town, Mail Order Bride, Sweet Romance, Contemporary Romance
How Hot: 2 out of 5 licks (there are some sex scenes, but this is mostly about the story, not the sex)
Current Price: $0.00 (FREE)



No comments: