Friday, April 20, 2018

Work From Home in NC (Other Places as well!)




Hello everyone! I know that the job market in North Carolina is not what we want right now, and I've been lucky enough to be hired for a work at home position through Amazon. This is not the first work at home job I've been hire for or even applied for. I thought I would compile a list of places I know have worked at home positions. I will mark the ones I have either been hired for or went through the process and what happened. :) Good luck to everyone!

1. Amazon - This one may be hit or miss. They do hire work from home part-time positions but the jobs aren't always open. Just keep a watch out, I know they hire Part Time Permanent and Part Time Seasonal. From what I gather the season is for Summer and Christmas. I lucked up and applied for a Part-Time Permanent Flex position. I start my training on 04/23 so I'm excited about this, this position does include some benefits as well as paid virtual training. You can check out the current job listings here.

2. Sitel - I worked for Sitel a few years back and it was indeed a work from home position. Everything was done from home, Virtual Interview and Virtual Training. You do get benefits and paid weekly. They sent me a little box to connect to my own monitor that was the "PC" used. I liked it. Sitel works with several different companies from Toys R Us to Hotel Chains. I actually did bookings for Hotels, it was a simple position and I enjoyed it. You can check out the current job listings here.

3. Convergys - I haven't worked for Convergys, but I was in the running. The reason this didn't work out was that the computer that I had at the time wasn't showing on their end as new enough. Basically, I bought a refurbished computer from Walmart and even though it had all the newest software the hardware still read as older. That was a bummer, but shortly after that, I did get hired on with Sitel (number 2). You get benefits here and this is a full-time position. Also, you do use your own computer here. You can check out the current job listings here.


I will definitely keep an eye out for more, these are the top three that I know of currently. Good luck to every one job searching and I hope these links bring you much success!

No comments: