Monday, May 7, 2018

Tiny House Project: I Feel Accomplished!


This entire weekend has been busy. The next few days I'm hoping to get more things done but I work on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday so my days are short there, but being off Thursday through Sunday will give me a lot of time to work in the Tiny House.

I was able to get some things this weekend for the Tiny House as well!

On Saturday I returned the breaker box I purchased and got the smaller less expensive one. They returned $72 to me which is great! I did NOT get the 100amp breaker though, so that is going to wait until my next paycheck and let me tell you why...
Lowe's had a huge clearance going on for a specific brand of ceiling lights and I purchased 2 of those for $8 each!! They aren't the most attractive lights, but they aren't ugly either, they are just serviceable lights! They retail for $46 so I got a huge discount, they also had some sconce lights that were fabulous and blingy for $12 each box. I bought 2 boxes for the bathroom.



When I got home on Saturday night I checked online for photos to show everyone what I purchased and Lowe.com said there was still one more of the Semi-Mounted lights at my local Lowe's. I didn't see it so I took a chance and purchased that $8 light online, and was able to pick it up yesterday! So I have 3 matching lights (2 for the living area and 1 for the kitchen), and the sconce lights for the bathroom on either side of the Mirrored Medicine Cabinet I purchased for $3 at Habitat for Humanity Restore.




Yesterday I also unloaded all the flooring and the sink base for my bathroom. I should have enough of this hardwood floor to the do entire tiny house! I'm super excited to get the floor down. I got a few measurements, but today I'm going to go at it again.

I'm going to paint the sink base. I've thought about it and the price of the matching pieces to this sink is too much, so I'm going purchase the base unfinished cabinets and paint them. The sink itself needs a good cleaning and that will definitely happen. but all in all, this freebie saved me around $220. The flooring saved me around $500

I'm also happy to announce my seeds are sprouting! I need to plant a few more, but they are looking good out there. The rain washed away some of my soil so I need to refill that up as well, but I'm excited to announce I have Corn, Beans, Radishes, and Turnips sprouting! I wish I had a tiller!

I'm super tired I know that much. lol! But it's a good tired. The tired of accomplishment.

Links N' Things






.

No comments: