Sunday, June 26, 2016

Goodwill Finds

Everyone knows I love a good shopping spree at a second hand store. The Goodwill Outlet used to be my favorite, they were right down the road, it was huge and filled to the brim with bins to dig through. They recently moved to a more upscale location and the store is a quarter the size it used to be, but that's ok. I still found some excellent deals. I spent a total of $46. I was after a couple of things before I stepped in there and found a few extras. (I'll upload photos later tomorrow).

1. Bowling ball, bag and shoes for $3. Yes. $3 for all three! It's definitely a man's set, the shoes looked hardly worn and it was definitely worth it with the free bowling passes we've been using this summer. I did upgrade to the "Family Pack" (you can see more about the FREE BOWLING FOR KIDS HERE) and paid about $21 for the entire adult family to be able to bowl with the kids all summer long. Shoe rental as it is...well it's easiest to buy the shoes outright.
2. A working  VCR. Now why a VCR you ask? Because there are children who love Disney and most of my Disney DVD's are stuck in a storage building three states away. Rather than buy them at $14-$22 a pop, I paid $5 for a VCR so I can pick up the VHS tapes of the older Disney movies..
3. 6 VHS tapes at .50 each. YEP! This is why I bought the VHS player. I THOUGHT I got two Little Mermaids (I wanted the covers to mail off to Ursala, see why here) but when I got home, one of the Little Mermaid tapes was actually a Harry Potter movie. I also got a Buzz Lightyear of Star Command VHS, a Toy Story VHS and a few others. All Disney.
4. The Little Mermaid book I paid .25 for and a Dixie Chicks cd I paid .50 for. I got a Christine Feehan book titled Dark Gold for .25.
5. A bag of clothes for everyone. All the kids got something and all the adults too. Majority of it looked brand new and never worn. I got a very nice dress for Lexie as well as some shorts that were desperately needed for the summer. Tristan and Eli got shorts and some tops, Reagan got pants and tops and even Tim got some tops and a few pairs of shorts. I was able to find a few shirts that might fit if I lose about 10 pounds so all in all not a bad day clothes wise. There was also a darling pair of shoes in there for Tristan. Little Nikes! They washed real well are a pinkish orange color.
6. A motorized scooter. Yep. I paid $12.50 for it. It was definitely an unexpected purchase, it even came with the charger. It sells for about $250 at Walmart and ToysRUs, but I think it may need a new battery which will cost me about $40 or so. Still not a bad deal but I wish there had been a warning.

I also did a run at the Value Village but I post more on that later!

No comments: