Wednesday, January 25, 2017

I'm Gonna Pop some...Pages? Autographed Book Haul



Hello! I went to a Value Village down the road from me (I have to come up with a 20's flapper girl outfit and what better place than a thrift store?) And of course I checked out the books. I found 5 signed ones and two I'm sooo stoked about.
First is WOLFGANG PUCK! Adventures in the Kitchen has a signed bookplate, no inscription. I paid $1.61 for it. So happy to add this to my collection!
Next is Kathy Reichs (that's right, the creator and author of the Bones novels). A copy of her YA Sci-Fi series Virals. Signed and inscribed to Taylor. I paid .75 for this one.
Next is an interesting one. Hero by Derwin L. Gray. He was an NFL linebacker with Indianapolis Colts and ended is career with the Carolina Panthers (probably why it was there, me living in Charlotte and all) Signed and inscribed to Mark. Gray is now a pastor. Paid .75 for it.
I found Robert H. Schuller's My Journey. Schuller is the host of the Hour of Power (Christian programming), this book is BEAUTIFUL without the dust jacket. Paid $1.61 for it. Signed with a beautiful inscription just not to a particular person. Signed on a giant sticky note type bookplate.
Last, but not least, I did find a copy of The Read-Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease. Signed and inscribed to Debbie. Paid .75 for it. I don't know anything about this author.
I always check out the books wherever I am, you never know what you'll find. Whether it's an awesome read or a signed book. I've found many over the past few months, some I'm in love with!
Have you found any signed books at your local Thrift Store?





No comments: