Sunday, February 5, 2017

Exciting News...and Netflix.

Hello! I entered a contest a few days ago to win tickets to a local Readers and Writers mixer, When the Heart Dreams, AND I WON! 

I am so excited. It's not a very big convention, but tickets were around $150 each as it does include a luncheon so I'm so happy to be able to attend. You can read more about the mixer here.

I've been sick for the past few weeks, I'm finally feeling a bit more human even though the cough is being very persistent. At the moment I'm not sleeping well because of it. So I've decided to give you a running list of fun and "safe" movies to watch on Netflix as this is my best friend when I'm pretty much house bound.

Awesome "safe" Netflix Movies to Watch While Sick:

1. Oh, Brother Where Art Thou?
    I LOVE this movie. Between the music and the comedy, it definitely can raise your spirits.
2. Penelope
     A beautifully DIFFERENT love story that convinces me that what we see as our "faults" are really just what makes us perfect.
3. Under the Tuscan Sun
      Just what I need to show me that sometimes we need to start over, just do something because it feels right.
4. Clueless
      Do I even need to begin to say why I love this movie?
5. Leap  Year
      A fun movie that is all about love.
6. The Money Pit
      Such a funny movie! I grew up watching this and loved it every time.
7. Grease, Grease 2 and Grease Live! 
      Just have a Grease-a-thon!
8. Finding Dory
     OMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAS!
9. Love Actually
     One of my all time favorite movies, just pick a love story and fall in love.
10. Joyful Noise
      Dolly Parton and Queen Latifah. Enough said. 

And after all that if you got time, I highly recommend Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. It's set in the 20's and it's such a fun show to watch!

Here are some of the author's novels I'll be meeting next weekend!

        

No comments: