Friday, March 2, 2018

Book Review: Daisy Cakes Bakes by Kim Nelson


I love Shark Tank! They always have some of the most interesting people and pretty awesome products. I'm not a fan of Mr. Not-So-Wonderful but the show really does give people an opportunity to get their product out there on the market.

One of Shark Tank's ingenious entrepreneurs was Kim Nelson from Daisy Cakes. She is a fabulous baker that was sending her cakes all over the country through a website she had created but she wanted a little guidance from one of the sharks. She became an instant celebrity because everyone fell in love with her Southern charm and fabulous looking cakes!

Well, Kim has arrived! She has given us this wonderful cookbook filled with classic recipes that will remind you of Christmas at Grandmas. Cakes, pies, cookies and even frosting recipes fill this book. There are over 100 recipes and 60 photos to guide you into your own mini home bakery! I remember Kim from the show and how she was so hopeful that one of the sharks would take her own and Barbara took her on! I love Barbara she is always looking for strong female women entrepreneurs and she found that in Kim.

Now that we have a little bit of background out of the way, let's get on to this glorious cookbook. I recognize about 90% of these recipes as I am a South Carolina girl as well and this book speaks to my childhood. The recipes are easy to follow and I know right off that they will be just like my Grandmother used to make. I'm very partial to the cakes in the book, but don't get me wrong, everything looks amazing!

The pictures are phenomenal and detailed, not every recipe has one but more than half do and I adore a good photo for a recipe. It tells me what my end result should be. Just about every recipe comes with a little anecdote that sheds light on why and how Kim makes these delicious creations. She's phenomenally intelligent and you can tell right away that THIS is the woman you want to be manning your dessert table during special occasions. But we can't all have Kim, so she's blessed us with a very detailed easy to follow recipe book that should make us all Southern bakers! (Make sure to check out pages 29, 99, and 112!)

As soon as you open the book you are going to want to break out the baking pan and get started, I know I am!


I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

Book: Daisy Cakes Bakes
Author: Kim  Nelson
Print Type: Hard Cover Book 
Page Count: 224
Book Type: Cook Book

Do you want to buy this book? It's available on Amazon!  It has a price of $16.51 for hardcover or $13.99 for the Kindle version.


No comments: