Saturday, May 5, 2018

She's here! The Tiny House Has Arrived


Yesterday was exhausting! I spent most of the day waiting on the Tiny House to arrive and boy did she do it in a grand way! So basically she was 4 hours late.

They were supposed to arrive between the hours of 2pm and 3pm, but she didn't make it 6:30pm. Apparently on the way from the manufacturer their truck blew a turbo or something of that nature and was only going about 10 miles per hour. They parked her on the side of the road and waited for another truck to arrive to bring her here.

There was a slight problem with the delivery fee which I will discuss later. They pulled up our small road she was HUGE, way bigger than I thought. I was told she was 14x40 but she feels wider than that, I will probably be out there taking measurements later. It took them almost 2 hours to get her level (we did take out a level and she IS level!)



The little porch is huge. I really want to put a porch swing on her but I'm not sure if I can hit a stud when screwing it in so we will have to see about that. I may have to just get a rocking chair. The key they gave me did not fit the lock but luckily they didn't lock the door, so I'm going to have to buy a new doorknob. I also realized that when I bought the blinds last week, I only bought 5 when I needed 6. I had forgotten the door has a 9 paned window in it.

The two men that set her up seemed pleasant enough, but the neighbor's little dog who likes to bite delivery people kept going at them. Brownie (the dog, not the men) was just running around and I was scared they were going to drop the house on her little body! She's not a bad dog, just protective of...air? I'm not sure, she has never once tried to bite me or anyone here. Well, I take that back she went at Tristan once, but he pulled her tail and that's just her instinct to protect herself and it's not like she was trying to bite him just warn him. But she GOES after other people. The mailmen have pepper sprayed her.

During the entire waiting period for her to be delivered the Breaker Box I purchased arrived, but I wasn't able to take it back so that will happen this morning. I will swap it out for the cheaper one and the breaker I need to get it set up. I don't have enough money this week to purchase the 220 wire to so that will have to wait for a bit. But that is my next big purchase.

So today will be eventful. We have to take all the wood out of the Uhaul and get that stacked up in the tiny house. I also will be going to Lowe's this morning. I was hoping I could stop in at a few yard sales because I'm looking for a cheap food dehydrator but I don't think I will be able to. I'm going to take more photos today, it was pretty dark in there last evening so the videos I shot weren't that great.

So I've been suffering from Allergies all "spring" and I don't have an inhaler like I should. A few years back I had a severe bout with pneumonia and pneumonia won, damaging my lungs. So I am so sorry for the heavy, wheezy breathing. I didn't know it was that bad until I watched the next video.




The Bad

So they get her set up, they use 57 bricks which I have to pay $2 each for. I had expected and budgeted for that. Here is where they angered me. I was told a delivery fee of about $18 would apply because I have to pay so much per mile over 50 miles, and I'm like okay I get that, it makes sense. And when the men arrived, Tim confirmed the delivery fee of what they told HIM was $60, I hadn't known about the $60, but the younger of the two said, yes that's right, plus $2 per brick used. Then Tim tipped them (I didn't budget for a tip, didn't even know you could) and that's when they told him there was a "mistake" with the delivery fee price. Because she was 14 ft wide they had to take her down specific roads and that caused them to have to use more mileage and actually my total price due was $250. Wait...what? You confirmed when you got here that it was $60, and I budgeted for $160 and now you want $250? $%#$$^%$. I had no choice but to pay it. Well, Reagan and Tim paid it and I have to pay it back because my check was only for one week and I work part-time. So now I owe them $90 which sucks.

It's okay though, just sets a few things back that I was going to do. That's all for the moment, but I will probably post another blog later this evening to update you and show you the things I've gotten, especially the free kitchen cabinet and sink I got as well as my Lowe's spoils. :D

Have a beautiful day!!

Links N' Things

Casey's Tiny House Project Facebook Page

Casey's Tiny House Wishlist

Tiny House Project Posts

No comments: