Sunday, May 13, 2018

Tiny House Project: When Life Gives You Lemons...



Good evening everyone! So I have some good news and some ugly news. I'll start with the ugly news because it's ugly.

When I applied and accepted this job I was told I would be getting between 20 and 29 hours per week which would have been perfect for me. It would have allowed me to pay a few bills that are necessary as well as pay my tiny house payment of $377 monthly. With those hours I was counting on at least $200 per month to sink into my tiny house and I knew it would take a while but I'm good at deal seeking and I wasn't worried.

Then I kinda got the wind knocked out of me on Wednesday. I was told my hours would be between 16 and 20 hours. This does not give me any room at all to do anything to my tiny house. So unless I get free materials I have hit a wall with what I can do. Every dime I have will go into paying the two bills I have to pay plus my tiny house payment. So...yeah I'm severely disappointed. That won't bring me down but it does slow me down to almost a stop. I have tried to stay positive the past few days but it's definitely hard. All the plans I had for the summer have been flushed down the toilet. I will not get a canner, I will not get a kitchen nor bathroom nor walls. At this point, I won't even have enough money left over to buy the $10 caulk gun needed to glue my flooring down. I'm just stuck.

I've been in tight situations before and I'm sure things will work out, I just got to be patient.

Now on to some better news. I have a lot of my seeds sprouting. I'm hoping tomorrow I have enough strength to go out and do some old-fashioned tilling. With a hoe. So I can put all my plants in the ground. I'm super excited. I have onions, radishes, corn, zucchini, peas and so on. I can't wait to see the fruits and veggies come in.

I use the VeryDice app and I'm excited to say that I was able to redeem some of my points for wood screws. It's enough to build my walls if I am able to get the 2x4s I need to do that. My sister also found a basket of switches and plugins she won't be using. They are not true white and she wanted true white electrical outlets so I bought them for .40. lol. Silly! I will definitely keep working with this guys. I am not giving up. :)

I did get to a place where I am ready to start gluing the floor down. I realized what I was doing wrong, which is why it ate at me to not start the gluing process yet. Instead of going front to back I need to go left to right with the wood, it makes it a tight fit and I will see faster results that way as well. So that is on hold until I get that caulk gun.

Hope everyone has a beautiful start to your week tomorrow!

Links N' Things



No comments: