Wednesday, February 16, 2011

SniqueAway - Putting the Away back in Snique...

I love the name it's totally cute. Anyway as you all know and as I've mentioned before, I am a bzzagent. What is that you ask? Well, it is a group (and a website) of people who review things and spread the news by word of mouth...and type of key. The newest thing I signed up to take a look at was SniqueAway which is a website that gives you great discounts on doing exactly that...sneaking away for a quickie Vacation and in todays economy who DOESN'T need a vacation...or a discount.

Here is an example RIGHT NOW the have a discount on this AMAZING hotel in Tarrytown, NY called Tarrytown House Estate (Reportedly haunted, but that is for a different post) anyway it's a beautiful hotel, and usually a standard room is $199 a night (yeah I know, that's a lot) but if you use SniqueAway you get a great deal at only $135 a night, that is easily a $75 difference there per night. That's a nice dinner or a car rental. Here is how the saving's breaks down.

If you book through the Tarrytown House Estate website you pay this:

Hotel: Tarrytown House Estate and Conference Center
Arrival Date: Friday, February 25, 2011
Departure Date: Saturday, February 26, 2011
Rooms: 1
Nights: 1
Adults: 2 Children: 0
Room Type: Deluxe King
Rate Type: Valentine's Escape

Room Charges: USD 199.00
Package Total: USD 0.00
Resort Fee: USD 0.00
Tax: USD 20.65
Total Rate: USD 219.65

However if you book through SniqueAway this is how it breaks down:
Deluxe Double for 1 nights


Check-In: Feb 25, 2011
Check-Out: Feb 26, 2011
Subtotal: $135.00
Taxes & Fees$16.72
Credit: $0.00
-----------------
Total: $151.72
 
Um, yeah!! So you see the different here? You get the same room, at a very discounted price.
 
Oh and just in case you want to know, here is the hotel:
 
But seriously this isn't the only deal out there, this is just one of them. I chose t his one because honestly the house reminds me of a castle and I'm totally all about haunted castles. SniqueAway is part of Smarter Travel Media, a TripAdvisor Media Group company. If you have ever traveled somewhere and did any type of research on your destination you more than likely wound up on the TripAdvisor website. I know it has been my number one go-to website for feedback on hotels, dining, etc when traveling. 
 
 So check out SniqueAway, I haven't found the perfect Vacation spot for me yet, but I know it's just a click away! http://www.sniqueaway.com/

No comments: