Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Blog To Do List!


Hi, everyone! I have a LOT I want to do this week. I am working on Twilight crafts for the upcoming release party and I have found some AWESOME crafts and tutorials on some blogs I am definitely going to be doing. I wanted to share my finds with you.

1.) I am going to use a display board (the tri-fold kind) and turn it into a Vampire Tattoo Parlor. I need to come up with a cute name though. We have gotten some of those wet and stick tattoos and those are always a hit at our parties. So I wanted to make a parlor. lol. :)

2.) I found this fantastic tutorial on Living with Lindsay. She has taken an old book and turned it into a fun wreath. Well I have a book that is a little water damaged and I was going to recycle that anyway so what better way then to make a fantastic piece of wall art for my bedroom? So I am really excited over this one. (NOTE: The picture to the right is from Lindsay's blog this is the fantastic wreath that I'm dying to make!)

3.) The House of Smiths has a fantastic tutorial on making crepe paper roses and then making a hanging rose ball with them, so very pretty, and I am really excited to be able to create some of these. I want to do them of course for the Twilight Party we are going with kind of a wedding theme (of course) and these would look really really great hanging up over the dinner table. (NOTE: The picture to the right is from the Smith's blog, and this is going to be such fun to make!)

4.) There is a great clipart post featuring a squirrel on The Graphic Fairy that is begging to become some type of woodsy wedding invitation. I'm not sure WHEN that will happen but it definitely will because I can see it in my head. lol :)

5.) And not something I can make but something I have definitely fallen in LOVE with. There are these awesome duvets at Cath Kidston that are beautiful. They are vintage Rose in pinks and blues. Very attractive and I've definitely got my eye on one of them.


6.) Chronicle Books Blog has a very FUN tutorial on making a deer head. I am all over this, seriously I've been wanting one forever but they are so extremely expensive, but this is a great tutorial complete with templates. (NOTE: Photo is NOT mine...yet. lol!)

Now the reason I'm so focused on decor right now is because...well...I don't have any. When it comes to wall art I have a serious lacking simply because I don't see much I like in the stores. It's all dark colors and grapes. Not much I can do with grapes, just saying. lol. I love vintage and bright colors and things that are visually interesting. Of course there will be more to come and whatever I make I will show it to you, even if it sucks! :)

No comments: