Friday, October 24, 2014

Goodwill Finds: 10/23

I LOVE my local Goodwill. It's a "by the pound" type of place and I was able to go there today and score some pretty cool stuff. :)

The Goodwill located on Freedom Dr is HUGE and all of hte items are located in these giant bins you have to dig through. Sometimes I don't come out with much because it's all been picked over but some other times I luck up and find a lot of very cool items. I'm going to show you a few things I found. I spent $31.

I found an AWESOME boys bedding set. It's Dinosaur (I'll include a stock photo I found online) and it had two shams as well. The price I found online for it was $130! I think I paid something like $4 for the entire set. (Everything is $1.39 a pound at my Goodwill).

This is the Twin size set, the one I found is a Full set and It's mostly Green instead of the blue.
I also found a Dinosaur book and  Dinosaur shirt. I'm pretty excited to see Eli's face when he takes in all the new Dino stuff. Eli is my brother in law's son, they come here once a month and I set a room up for them here. Dino's are fast becoming his favorite thing so finding all this stuff was pretty awesome!

Here is the book I found. It's called Dinosaur Babies and is a level 2 book. It should be ok for him to read he's 8.

We had already painted their bedroom a neutral shade of green and khaki so all of this will match up perfectly. I even have a set of sheets already in the closet that will match this. I will post photos once I change it all out.

I also have a few craft ideas. I know the Dollar Tree has some GREAT Dino things. Figurines and even a Dino hat. I'll see what I can do with all of that.

For Lexi (Eli's little sister) I found a BUNCH of Jumping Bean clothes. All of them looked brand new. I even got her a stuffed Pink Zebra. (I know, Don't Judge!) I found this awesome towel that looked brand new it's made like a poncho but on either side it's a mermaid so she can stick her head in it and she's a mermaid. She'll love it. I also found her a Hello Kitty pillow case.

And for my ADORABLY HAPPY nephew Tristan, I found several Christmas onsies with tags, a cute Turkey bib, and a crib liner. The cloth kind that goes under the sheets so they don't soil the mattress. He needed one so I was super happy to see one in the bins. I also got him some baby towels and a little sheet for his co-sleeper.

I purchased a few books. A numbers book for Lexi, a Marvel Superhero book for Eli, and for Tristan I got Corduroy. I picked up a copy of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever for the "community" shelf. I keep a shelf in the living room with books that can be read but have to be returned. Usually I have the classics there and Nancy Drew, books that are meaningful. Black Beauty is on there as well.

I have a small stack of clothes for both my sister and I, and some of them still have the tags so all in all I did very very well. I'll tackle some photos tomorrow so you guys can see what I got.

I LOVE the Goodwill. If you live in the Charlotte area, give the Freedom Dr. store a visit. You won't be sorry!

No comments: