Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Summer of To-Do

With four children in the house this summer, things are getting very expensive! I noticed that there was some definite issues with final report cards so I instituted mandatory daily workbook time. I started off just printing stuff from online but I was constantly working to find things the kids would be interested in.  So I went to the Dollar Tree and OMG, the workbooks were plentiful. 

I found workbooks for a first grader that literally teach reading and math. IN FIRST GRADE!! Here is what I bought for the first grader in the house.

(4) workbooks
(1) notebook with flowers
(1) set of posters for the bedroom, counting by 2's and counting to 100.
(1) set of word flash cards
(1) set of easy site words










The 5th grader was a little tricky but not impossible at the Dollar Tree. Here is what I walked away with.

(1) Science Experiment Workbook
(1) Science Knowledge Workbook
(1) Notebook
(1) Magnifying Glass
(1) Grow your own Crystal Kit (didn't work, nothing grew but jello)
(1) Dinosaur Activity Book
(1) How to Draw book

And a little "community" items.

(1) Pack of 12 pencils
(1) Pack of 9 pencil sharpeners
(1) sketch book

And for our 2 year old I got a set of flash cards for colors.

Now I just need to find a creative way to store all of this! :) We don't really have a dedicated space, we just use the Kitchen Table. We have crayons and things but I wish we had more Crayola stuff for them, hopefully I find a good deal on them soon.

No comments: