Sunday, May 21, 2017

Camper Remodel Update 2


I have to have hit a lovely little bit of luck on my side. I went to a Habitat for Humanity Restore and found some very nice flooring as well as some back splash tile. I was so incredibly happy as I knew I couldn't afford any with my teeny tiny budget.

They had a ton of different  tiles to choose from, some were very expensive and some were really really cheap (and the tiles were tiny!) But I found two that would work, but one was UGLY. lol. I found a huge stack of this linoleum tile that was the oddest shade I've ever seen. It literally glows. My sister calls it Pewter, but she said it has a gold tint to it. It really looks very nice. I had no plans on purchasing a back splash simply because that would have been a luxury. They had a few panels of a very nice brownish-beige that looked so nice with the tile that I just had to get it!

It photographs very dark, but I hope you get the gist of what it looks like. I did purchase all the stuff to get it down on the floor. So here is what my expenses look like for the so far. I did make some changes to what I was buying simply because it was more cost effective to do this and I still haven't had the chance to test the plumbing I think it's smart to keep the rest of my funds on hold.

My $400 Budget:

Lowes:

(4) OSB Boards - $9.11 each after 10% discount
50 ft Extension Cable - $10.77 after 10% discount
One Gallon Tile Adhesive - $11.40 after 10% discount
Molded Rubber Float - $4.49 after 10% discount
Polyurethane Sponge - $2.69 after 10% discount

10 lbs of Grout in the color biscuit - $9.88 after 10% discount
Paint Roller - 
$3.98

Pint of Mocha Enamel Paint - $1 (Ooops!)
45 Cinder Blocks - $65.56 after 10% discount


Total at Lowes: $146.12


Walmart:

Rust-Oleum American Accents Stone Pebble Textured Finish Spray Paint - >$7.97
Duck Brand Deco Adhesive Laminate - Grey Quatrefoil - $4.97

Total Spent at Walmart: $12.94






Habitat Restore in Johnson City, TN

2 Cans of White Spray Paint - $2
40 floor tiles - $18
Wall Tiles -  $19

Total at Habitat Restore: $39





Big Lots:

Set of Sheets (I needed ones to fit a Twin Sized mattress) - $7.20 after 20% Discount
Candle (Cause it matched the sheets...) - $4.80

Total Spent at Big Lots: $12


I decided against purchasing the septic tank for now, I have one already in the camper it's just way tiny. I'm hoping to later upgrade that tank to something more substantial. 

Total Spent on Camper remodel: $210.06

I have some stuff my sister gave me for free because she loves me. :D

Reagan purchased a fixer upper and had to buy a lot of stuff for her own place as well as take a lot of stuff out. She is letting me use her Killz paint to paint the entire interior of the camper before I commit to wall colors so I'm so thankful for that. 

She also has gifted me with:
She has a ton of wall trim that is in the middle of her walls as a chair railing, it's through 90% of her home, she said I could take whatever I needed of that as she's pulling it all out. 
She has two little ginger bread type wooden corner medallions she said I could have. 

So all in all, I have everything I need to get my camper done. I'm just hoping it turns out well and looks nice. I'll keep writing these updates as things change. 

If you have any building materials you don't want consider donating them to my camper cause :) 

No comments: