Thursday, February 8, 2018

Book Review: Power Plates by Gena Hamshaw



With my new year's resolution, I promised myself I'd diet, lose weight, get a revenge body and generally kick butt. To help me with this I've started taking vitamins, doing yoga and looking at food in a whole new way. Enter Power Plates by Gena Hamshaw.

This book is chock full of nutritionally balanced vegan meals. Am I Vegan? No. But sometimes you got to cut out some of the protein and processed crap to find your inner self.

What I love most is that each recipe has a beautiful photo and a very detailed recipe to follow. I absolutely love the photos and the recipes are amazing!!           

The White Chili recipe is definitely on my shopping list and with over 200 pages there are 100 recipes to choose from! I'm not Vegan, but this book is full of recipes I can't wait to try. the book is heavy and the pages are thick. It's one of the beautiful recipe books I've ever owned and I can't wait to start cooking some of this healthy food for my family. Butternut Squash, Zucchini, Quinio, garlic, spinach...you wouldn't think to cook these foods in the manner this book gives you but it comes together beautifully and with so many strong flavors you know each one is delicious.

I would definitely recommend this book to any Vegan looking for new recipes or any non-vegan who wants to explore clean eating and weight loss! I'm on my own weight loss journey which is what drove me to order this book. It's phenomenal!

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

Book: Power Plates
Author: Gena Hamshaw
Print Type: Hard Cover Book 
Page Count: 256
Book Type: Cook Book, Vegan

Do you want to buy this book? It's available on Amazon!  It has a price of $16.16 for soft cover or $13.99 for the Kindle version.


No comments: