Monday, February 12, 2018

Camper Update 2!!



Good evening yall! (Or good morning! haha) So I've been planning this camper remodel for days now and I've made a few changes to what I originally wanted to do.

Not nearly as appealing as my first plan but still very cute.
I had to remember that this is a camper and all that iron piping is going to be HEAVY! So, I've remodified how I want to build shelving and changed a few things. I am going to buy a sink base cabinet for the floor cabinets. Just one and put my fridge right beside it.

That should save me a ton of money as well as weight on the camper. My upper selves will look different too. Instead of doing all that iron I'm just going to use one iron pipe coming out with the wood for the self on THAT. The same for the shelf I want to build in the living area. The bathroom towel rod will still look the same. :)
This table is obviously made by 2x4s,
I want to use smaller wood so it's lighter.
But I'm going to convert this idea
into a countertop.

I'm going to make a countertop out of little 1x6's by staking them together and gluing them, then
treating them so they are waterproof.

I have photos of course as you can see the changes I've made to my original plan. I'm also going to list prices so you can see what I'm spending here!

1. Unfinished Sink Base (Lowe's) $86.90 (On sale right now which I probably won't have the money for it ends on the 18th.
2. Black Iron Pipes (Lowe's) These are $7.98 each. I need 16.
3. Black Iron Flanges (eBay) Pack of 10 for $21.96 (Need 2 packages of these)
4. Black Iron Caps (Lowe's) These are $1.77 each, I need 15.
5. Black Iron Elbows (Lowe's) These are $1.86 each, I need 2.
5. Screws (Lowe's) $9.68
6. 1x6 lumber pieces (Lowe's) $1.68 each. I need about 20.
7. Boards for shelving, I have to go to Lowe's to look at this simply because I need to see it before I pick out the boards for shelving. I may try to use some free pallet wood.

I may also need more of the pipes for the far end of the counter but I haven't decided yet.

The other stuff I'm buying for the camper:

1. Toilet (Amazon)
2. OSB for replacement floor. (Lowe's) $13.21 each, I need 6 of these.
3. Liquid Nails (Lowe's) $4.58 each. I need 2.
4. Wood Studs (Lowe's) To replace any rotted wood behind the current walls. I'm buying 8. $3.33 each.

My current Lowe's total is $298 and $44 for eBay. That leaves me just $71 to buy anything else I run into needing. I'm worried I won't have enough and I'm trying to cut the cost down as much as I can. If I buy all cabinets for the camper, my total raises drastically. I'm hoping I can recycle some actual flooring from my sister's kitchen remodel and thankfully I have kitchen door handles already.

I have been doing surveys a lot lately which did help me sooo much in buying Christmas so I'm working on getting surveys done for gift cards to use at Amazon or Lowe's. I'll get this done Y'all!

I have a "Wish List" on Amazon which includes my toilet and Lowe's gift cards. If you are interested in sending me anything off the wishlist you can view it here. I've had some people ask which is why I'm posting it. lol. In all seriousness though, if you do happen to gift me with anything off my wish list I would be forever grateful.

No comments: