Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Book Review: Martha's Flowers by Martha Stewart & Kevin Sharkey


Oh, Martha, Martha, Martha! You slay me with your knowledge and your beautiful DIY's and talent, and now you have handed me a fantastic book on gardening. I thank you deeply, you Majestic Woman!

I was excited to have the opportunity to receive a copy of Martha's new book and when it arrived today I could just imagine me sitting outside this spring tinkering in my Martha Stewart garden and making window boxes. Alas, I was a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong, this book is beautiful. It seems to me that each flower has it's own "Chapter" with a few pages of how to grow the flower and how to arrange it. The photos are phenomenal. It read a bit dry to me though. I was expecting something different and that's my own fault I guess. I would recommend this as a coffee table book, or if you are really into flowers you will LOVE it. There really is a good amount of information here but it's not like other books I've had from Martha Stewart.

I was expecting some awesome DIY's and some helpful tips that can make me look like an amazing Suzie Homemaker. What I got was 288 pages of dry reading. Now, I will try to read some of this and report back what I think about the text, but right off after the first few pages, I'm going to struggle. Just so you know this is ALL FLOWERS. There are no fruits of vegetables mentioned.

Here are a few specs on the book. It is hardbound and beautifully so. The pages are thick and the photos are gorgeous. The book is bigger than a normal sized book, it would make a great decor piece on your table.

Flower Enthusiasts rejoice, this book is everything you will ever want. :)


I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

Book: Martha's Flowers
Author: Martha Stewart with Kevin Sharkey
Print Type: Hard Cover Book 
Page Count: 222
Book Type: Gardening, DIY, House and Home

Do you want to buy this book? It's available on Amazon!  It has a price of $28.46 for hardcover or $19.99 for the Kindle version.

No comments: