Monday, July 13, 2015

Olaf Sock Puppets! O.M.G.

Every month we have two children aged 5 and 9 stay with us and I'm always scrambling to find something to keep them entertained. They get bored very easily. I stumbled across a fantastic blog that gave very detailed instructions on making Olaf Sock Puppets.

I stopped by my Dollar Tree and Walmart to get the supplies needed. Instead of making felt eyes, I used googly eyes and apparently there is NO white felt squares to be found in Virginia .

I bought a package of 2 pairs of white socks from the Dollar Tree, and black felt, orange paint and googly eyes at Walmart. Total price for three sock puppets? About $4.46. And I have felt left over for other projects and a ton of orange puffy paint that can also be used, enough googly eyes to make about fifteen dozen other animals and so on.  I already had stuffing.

Here is the link to Playtivities for the Tutorial.

So we stuffed them, I tied everything with string and the kids LOVED it, they had a blast. They carried them around for a week, slept with them and got them dirty, they washed well, just make sure that you double knot everything, we had a few mishaps that required Olaf to need new feet.


We made three. The 5 year old girl made the pink buttoned Olaf, the blue Olaf was made the 9 year old boy. I made the red buttoned Olaf for my 16 month old nephew. I took the photo before I had to repair two broken feet. lol.

No comments: