Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Subscription Boxes and My Experiences



Good afternoon everyone! Subscription boxes are definitely the trend. This is one way to try different high end products at a reduced price and if you like them you know it's money well spent! I have tried several different boxes and I wanted to give my reviews of each one of them and let you decide for yourself! As always you can follow me on Instagram to see what I get in the mail daily. :)


Ipsy - This is by far one of the cheaper boxes! It's $10 a month shipped and you get some nice items. At least one full sized item and I tend to see a lot of makeup brushes. You also get a cute little makeup bag each month. Ipsy is a hit or miss for me. Sometimes you get some awesome brands and then other times you get a miss-match bag of products you've never heard of. But for $10 you can't really complain. I got my first bag last summer and it was a free offer. They do that sometimes. I do recommend this as a gift for a teenager or if you just want to sample many different products! This month we did get an Ofra highlighter which was amazing! You do get points for reviewing the items you receive to redeem for other products. That starts at 600 points for items. Not too bad if you are already getting the bag anyway so that's a good perk. You also get 250 points for referring friends. So if you are on the fence about Ipsy and decide to go for it, please use our link so we get that little bonus!

February BoxyCharm Box
BoxyCharm - One of our favorite boxes! You get full sized products, INCLUDING PALETTES, and BoxyLuxe box for $50 that is sent out seasonally. So you would pay $21 on your regular  months and on the BoxyLuxe month you would pay $50. We were lucky enough to be able to grab the BoxyLuxe this month and it arrives today! Reagan got a full sized Tarte Palette in January. Right now they are out of the March box, but they have taken some of the best products from the previous two boxes and put it together. The Tarte palette, Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara, Moda Brushes, some amazing skin care as well.

This is the Starter Box we received. $5
FabFitFun - This box is a seasonal box. There are two ways you can get this box. Monthly or Yearly. If you pay monthly you get to choose 3 of the items in your box and if you pay annually then you get to choose at least 5. If you are super picky about your products go a head and pay t he annual price. This box is more than makeup though, it's lifestyle items. The boxes are super cute. If you know someone who has a FabFitFun subscription ask them if they have any of the Starter Box codes left. For $5 you can get little starter box with 4 items in it. This box has everything from makeup items to fitness items to purses and bags. It really is a fun box and would be amazing as a gift. If this is something you want to try you can click my link HERE and get $10 off your first box (so you would be paying $39.99 instead of $49.99). If you do get the Starter Box it is very easy to cancel the rest of the subscription I had no problems with doing that. We did however continue the box. So we are expecting our first Seasonal subscription box today!

Focallure - I'm not even going to give you a link to this one. DON'T DO IT. I tried to get the little trial box. They advertised it as a free box, just pay shipping and I checked out. Nowhere in any of the checkout pages did it say I had to pay for a second full size box for $33. I never received the trial box and they still tried to charge me for the full sized box, then claimed it was a requirement to get that trial box. I had to raise a little hell to get my $6.95 for the trial box back. This is why I use dummy cards. Or prepaid cards I can put a little bit of money on and use. I would have been charged $33 and would never have gotten that money back. I did finally get t hem to refund me for the trial box I never received. Don't do this one. Just say no!

Valentine's Bark Box
Bark Box - This is a box for your dog. Super cute box! I love the toys in it and the little snacks always smell so good. If you want a doggie subscription box this it the one I would go with. Now...here is where I messed up. They had a little trial $5 box and it said I had to sign up for a six month subscription. Note: You cannot cancel that subscription. You are bound to it. So they got me for $24.99 plus tax. I paid with Paypal so that is my fault for not reading the fine print.







I'm considering Birchbox or Macy's Subscription box now. If you are scared to be locked into something Target and Walmart both do a beauty box each month. Target may be sold out, but Walmart is still active. The only difference here is that you won't be getting the high end makeup options.

What subscriptions have you tried? What was your experience with cancellation? Let me know! 

No comments: