Friday, March 8, 2019

Book Review: It's Getting Scot in Here by Suzanne Enoch



It's Getting Scot in Here... FOR REAL, Y'ALL! Suzanne Enoch has this amazing ability to transport you to any era and in It's Getting Scott in Here she transports us from Scotland to London and we get to LIVE through her characters as they navigate their turbulent situation.

This is definitely a Wrong Guy, Right Brother deal. When the MacTaggert boys find out that their dad made an agreement with their estranged mother, they are furious, but they have to swallow that down and head out of the Highlands into the wilds of LONDON. Talk about your culture shock. They definitely had a lot misconceptions over the city as well as the women of England.

And in comes Amelia-Rose Baxter. She definitely sets the MacTaggert boys on arse over heels. They definitely did NOT expect her. She is promised to the eldest brother, but marriage is the last thing Amelia-Rose thinks of when she meets the big man who dismisses her and once she verbally slaps him, he is DONE.

But Niall sees something special in her. And we get to watch as their relationship builds. This is something that Suzanne does extremely well. She builds a romance for you, this isn't a wam-bam-thank you ma'am story, this is the true definition of a love story. You watch the ups and downs as their relationship takes form and blossoms.

I will say that I had some problems at times liking the MacTaggert men. They are supposed to be rough highlanders, but I felt they were just spoiled and it was hard for me to get on board with the men. I loved Amelia-Rose though, she sold the story. I loved her outspokenness and how Suzanne Enoch let her character take control when it was needed. I do recommend the book if you love a strong heroine who doesn't simper and whine through the whole thing. This is book 1 in The Wild Wicked Highlanders and I will stick with the series to watch each man fall under the spell of their perfect match.

I do want to thank Netgalley for letting me read and review this book. It was a pleasure!

You can find the Amazon links to this novel below.

 You can also join me on GoodReads! I love sharing my book posts and entering the giveaways there. Let's read together!

I received this book from Netgalley for this review.

Book: It's Getting Scot in Here
Author: Suzanne Enoch
Print Type: eBook 
Page Count: 352
Book Type: Romance, Historical

Do you want to buy this book? It's available on Amazon!  It has a price of $5.98 for paper back or $7.99 for the Kindle version.


Professional Reader

No comments: