Sunday, April 28, 2019

Poshmark Update: What did I sell? Whad did I buy? Did I make a profit?


Good afternoon everyone! I figured I would start the next week with an update on my Poshmark venture. If you have read my post here you would know that I had an initial investment of $48.71 and a total sales of $55.40. So I have already made my initial investment back.

I have listed quite a bit on both Poshmark and Ebay and here is what I have sold!

Poshmark:

1. Polo Ralph Lauren Plaid Bermuda Shorts Size 42T - I listed these on Poshmark for $14 (buyer pays shipping at Poshmark) and I sold them within a week at the listing price. These shorts was in the 44 boxes of clothing I purchased for $15 so I paid probably .01-.03 for them. I made a profit of $11.02. So that was amazing!


2. I had a case against me. Apparently my Patent Leather garters weren't patent enough for my customer. She wanted a refund. She was granted a refund but had to return the item to me. So I didn't lose any money on this but that brought my previous $55.40 down to $48.35. I did get the item back. I'm going to clean them up in case she tried them on (which I have a feeling that's what happened and they didn't fit) and relist them.

Poshmark has not been hopping lately...however, over on eBay..

eBay Sales:

1. Jessica McClintock Bridal Red Bustier Top Size 12 - Super cute, vintage Jessica McClintock red bustier that sold within a few weeks of listing. I got it mailed out and I'm hoping the new owner loves it as much as I did. This item is another piece of clothing that came from the 44 Boxes/Bags. So I have about .01-.03 invested in it. Here is the breakdown:

Listed: $19 + $4.49 shipping.
Sold: $15 + $4.49 shipping (I took the best offer!)
eBay Fee: $0 (They gave me 60 listings for free!)
Paypal Fee: .87
Shipping Fee: $3.22 (eBay gives you a shipping discount when you pay your shipping label through them)

Total Profit: $15.37

2. Men's Chaps Seersucker Red/White Shorts Size 42 - These were really cool! I got these in the 44 boxes/bags of clothing. There was one bag that basically had a ton of men's shorts in it. I think the guy was a golfer. This sold within a week of listing and I have about .01-.03 invested.

Listed: $14 + $4.53 shipping
Sold: $15 with Free shipping (I accepted an offer.)
eBay Fee: $0
Paypal Fee: .74
Shipping Fee: $3.28

Total Profit: $10.95

Note: This guy made an offer and he said he put in a note saying he wanted free shipping, I didn't see this note so when I accepted the original offer and sent the invoice it included shipping. He sent an extremely rude email refusing to pay. I did resend the offer to include the free shipping, however...based on my experience in customer service and the way people behave, I fully expect him to hate the shorts and want a refund. I am not going to be surprised at all if this happens. AND on top of that for whatever reason eBay has put my payment on hold until the buyer receives and accepts his item. O.O

3. George Gray Pinstripe Wet/Dry Golf Shorts Size 44 - I did not even expect to sell these honestly. They are George which is a Walmart brand so I put them on Auction with starting bid at $5.70. They sold OVERNIGHT honestly. I woke up to two offers and this was the other offer. He offered $3.50, I countered with $4.50 and he countered again with $3.75 so I took it! Again it was in the boxes of stuff I bought so .01-.03 investment.

Listed: (Auction) $5.70 + $4.49 Shipping.
Sold: $3.75 + $4.49 Shipping (I accepted an offer)
eBay Fee: $0
Paypal Fee: .54
Shipping Fee: $3.22

Total Profit: $4.45

4. Haggar Olive Green Golf Shorts Size 38 - I have about 20 pairs of Haggar shorts and I just randomly chose a few to list. Within 12 hours of listing this one I had an offer and I accepted. I base everything I sale on comps by previous sells. So I saw these shorts typically sell for $10 so I mark them UP so I can accept offers at the buying price. This was from the boxes of stuff I bought so .01-.03 investment.

Listed: $13 + $7.35 Shipping
Sold: $10 + $7.35 shipping
eBay Fee: $0
Paypal Fee: .81
Shipping Fee: $7.28 (I got a small discount for shipping with eBay, this is going out Priority mail.)

Total Profit: $9.23


Total Profit for all Sales: $40 even!

That's all so far! I'm hoping some more sales and it's slowly growing.

What have I spent?

$2.99 - PicTapGo App
$4.50 - Armor Leather Wipes
$1 - Lint Roller

Total Spent: $8.49

Wish List:




$37.99 - Mannequin/Dressform

$9.95 - Dr. Martens Men's Wonder Balsam

$25 + Shipping - Poshmark Branded Polymailer Kit (so cute!)












Where can you find me?

My Poshmark Store

My Poshmark Instagram
My Poshmark Instagram
My Pretty Little Missives Instagram

No comments: